Express announce minor hockey initiatives
The full details of the five initiatives announced today to strength the relationship with Minor Hockey Players can be found here: https://t.co/MfzHTqDdfg
#WeAreAllExpress | #AllAboard🚂 pic.twitter.com/kKdzBdTEfc
— Coquitlam Express (@BCHLExpress) August 10, 2021
The Coquitlam Express announced on Tuesday a number of initiatives with the intention of growing the relationships with minor hockey associations in the BC cities of Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, Port Moody, Burnaby, and New Westminster.
The initiatives include:
- The Express appointing Andy Hellweger as the team’s minor hockey coordinator
- Free admission to Express home games for all minor hockey players when accompanied by an adult
- The assigning of each Express player to a minor hockey team as a guest coach
- A $5,000 scholarship program for minor hockey players as financial support for fees, equipment, school, and more
- Express coaching staff offering seminars and workshops for local minor hockey coaches
Altman commits to Quinnipiac
— EGD Goaltending (@EGD_Goaltending) June 6, 2021
2000-born goaltender Noah Altman (9-7-1, 3.46 goals-against-average, .877 save percentage, one shutout in 20 games with Wenatchee in 2019-20) has committed to Quinnipiac University for this September.
Altman, who’s from Los Angeles, CA, spent the 2020-21 season with Bismarck of the North American Hockey League. In eight games with the Bobcats, he posted a 3-5 record with a 3.49 goals-against-average and an .877 save percentage.
Hardman inks an extension with the Blackhawks
— Chicago Blackhawks (@NHLBlackhawks) August 10, 2021
Hanover, MA native and forward Mike Hardman (39 goals, 33 assists in 58 games with West Kelowna in 2018-19) has signed a two-year contract extension with the Chicago Blackhawks worth $1.6 million.
The 22-year-old had a goal and two assists in eight points with the Blackhawks in 2020-21. He signed with Chicago as a college free agent on Mar. 30 after spending the last two seasons at Boston College where he notched 44 points in 58 career NCAA games.
Baker signed to an ECHL pact for 2021-22
— ECHL (@ECHL) August 10, 2021
Defenseman Braydon Barker (two goals in three games with Langley from 2014-16) has signed with the ECHL’s Orlando Solar Bears for the 2021-22 season.
The 24-year-old from Camrose, AB spent the last four seasons playing NCAA Division III hockey at Concordia University Wisconsin. In 93 games with the Falcons, he posted 16 goals and 91 points.
Kolle and Bafaro commit to Mount Royal University
2021-22 Cougars Recruiting Class: Men's Hockey https://t.co/b87UNSg6Pt
— Mount Royal Cougars (@MRUCougars) August 5, 2021
The Mount Royal University Cougars of U SPORTS have announced their incoming group of players for the 2021-22 season, including two who played in the BC Hockey League.
- Forward Ty Kolle (no points in one game with Salmon Arm in 2015-16)
- Defenseman Seth Bafaro (five goals, nine assists in 20 games with Vernon in 2020-21)